Hi Michelle,
How are you? Happy Friday!
Did you get your stuff packed up for Dayton? And are you going there tonight or tomorrow? What other fun plans do you have for your weekend?
My night was... interesting. Turns out Julie and her hubby are getting divorced. VERY weird and strange and obviously he has some issues. No one cheated or anything, but he basically told her he didn't love her anymore and wasn't sure if he ever had. I mean,, seriously. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT? She's doing pretty well, considering. But it is just awful and a horrible thing to have to go through.
On a less depressing note (and it really wasn't a depressing dinner at all, despite what's going on in her life), the sushi was pretty delicious. As was the malbec I enjoyed three glasses of. Mmmm. We did stop by sephora afterwards but I was just tipsy enough not to trust my judgment. But that didn't stop us from doing our makeup in there. Hahahaha. I'm pretty sure I looked scary when I left ;-)
Anyway! What is new in your world? Are you happy that Friday is here?
me
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Frances,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed Aroma. That's great! Now I have a new sushi place to try! I've been craving sushi now lately. Uh oh...
I'm sorry to hear about Julie. That has to be hard to have things kind of fall apart like that. I mean I guess he was honest with his feelings but... it just sucks. I know it happens but I hope to God that it never does to you or me. I hope it doesn't happen at all to anyone really.
Now regarding your THREE glasses of wine... wtf. At least it was good and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Sometimes I think that's exactly what we need to do. We need to endulge. And tonight when I try to make delicious bloody mary's, that's what I'm going to do.
Also, I will need to tell you about the crazy stuff going on here. I've caught 2 girls here, the main culprits of everything, and I've actually caught where they've lied and are trying to get me in trouble by hiding my stuff. I found a thing on our system where I can see a log of who has been in certain PO. Apparently I'm disorganized is what they've told my group leader and need better time management. However, why have they been working on POs that apparently they do not have on their desk and have NO IDEA where they are. Nice. So I clearly can't work on them. Are they kidding me???
I'm showing this to our main bosses, making copies and not saying more. They probably are already aware, but I just want to let them know that I know what they're doing, and since no one can be trusted I'm going to have to take all of my stuff home every night and when I'm away from my desk until I can find a new job that isn't so outrageously offensive and criminal.
Anyway, how is your day going so far?
Yes, I packed my stuff up in my car yesterday. I will ALSO tell you about Annie. :)
Write me!
More bloody marys? Sounds like sushi isn't your only addiction these days! Are you having cocktails at home before going out? That sounds nice.
ReplyDeleteI'm meeting my Mason friends for dinner at the Cactus Pear in Clifton. It should be nice and relaxing. Hopefully the sun will drop and there will still be a breeze to ruffle our feathers. It is my understanding that they serve really good margaritas. Yumm.
And I know about Julie. It is all very weird and sad. And I just feel like maybe it's a little early to actually have filed for divorce. Jeff has issues but I don't think he's a horrible person. I think he is deeply unhappy and if there was time and space, I think he would realize his unhappiness is not due to anything about Julie. But, who knows. I pray that no one I love will ever suffer like that. But life is long and every r'ship has risks. You just have to hope for the best.
That stuff at your job is bizarre. I'm not sure I understand the ins and outs but overall it sounds really unhealthy and weird. Keep copies of things so you have documentation if you ever need it. And what is wrong with these girls? Why do they hate you??
Write me again.
me
Hey Buddy, you've got me. And about what's going on... basically I have packets put together that have our purchase order, the order I would receive from my plant to place the order, and any documentation that might come from the vendor we order it from. They are hiding these. Literally acting like they don't know where these are. I can look up the actual order in our system and see a log of who has touched it. I find it odd that they tell me I need to find stuff, andt ehn it's missing. I check the log and why did they make a change the day before or that morning?
ReplyDeleteANYWAY, I'm even done talking about it because it's so wrong and ridiculous. I'm doing a phone interview on Monday with Sallie Mae General Revenue Service to be a collector. Yeah, I know. But it has to be better than here and I'm still looking in Chicago so hopefully it would be temporary.
Also, I haven't had a bloody mary since Sunday. But I thought I wanted to try something new this week so that's what I'm going to make. (or try to make) I'm also not sure I'm going out. I don't really have plans but I might just stay home, not sure.
Also, you were telling me about Cactus Pear around Cinco De Mayo. I don't think you went though. I hope enjoy it. I've had them before a while ago when Bill was working there when he got back from Africa. Do you remember Bill and Natalie lived there in a studio apt. for like 4 months? Anyway, enjoy your meal there if you get one and your margarita(s).
I guess I'm going to go to lunch pretty soon here. Let me know what you end up doing.
Are you doing anything after dinner?
Your friend until the end,
Michelle
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteWe don't have to talk about the work stuff but know you have my sympathy and my well wishes. I used to work in collections, did you know? It is definitely a different world. But kind of a good outlet should you have irritability or anger to get out ;-)
Your night sounds like it will be nice. And since you're heading to Dayton on Saturday, perhaps it is wise to stay in. What do you and Tyler have planned for the rest of the weekend. Is brunch on the horizon?
I wanted to see what your schedule is like for next week. There is a movie I really really want to see - at the Mariemont Theater. I don't expect anyone else will want to see it with me (it's a documentary about Joan Rivers). But I was hoping maybe I could stop by and see your new digs either before or after? Let me know. I'm thinking perhaps Thursday?
Anyway - no pressure. I can always come see you so don't rearrange anything to accomodate me!
I went to my parents for lunch. I had a tomato sandwich and some carrots. And a big glass of water. Then I laid out on the chaise lounges and looked at the trees. Did you know that oak leaves sometimes look like stars?
Let me know how you're doing. I like hearing from you (but you already know that).
me
Hi Frances,
ReplyDeleteI do know that sometimes those leaves look like stars. I think that's why I like them. I like when they blow in the wind and the sun is behind them. It's like a flurry of stars. Anyway, I think I should be free for next Thursday. If something should change I'll let you know but I'll pencil you in for that day!
Hope you have a good afternoon. I'm glad most of the afternoon is over for work! Yay!
And yeah, collections, I'm sure it's doable, not a dream job or something to do forever but... it'll do.
If my bloody mary's are good I will make you one when you come over on Thursday.
Me!
Also, I don't have plans this weekend. I'm going to work on creating a website for the golf outting. And then I'm also going to see my parents. Other than that... I don't have much planned for this weekend. I'm hoping maybe I can have fun next weekend. This weekend feels like a bust to me since I'll be cleaning tonight and then finishing up some things with unpacking and bringing stuff up to Dayton to unload on Saturday. But I'm hoping my parents will want to hang out with me! :)
I don't think it sounds like a bust - it seems like you have lots of things to do and be productive about. You're going to feel better once those loose ends get tied up.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I feel compelled to tell you that it is "outing" as opposed to "outting". I think your way is cuter but would not want the Foundation to have its image compromised by your creative spelling ;-)
i am so ready for this day to move along on outta here. I need my margaritas. And when are you going to tell me about Annie? Did she and Jer-Jer break up or something??
Good to hear next Thursday looks promising. We'll firm things up as it gets closer!
Write back if you can. I is bored.
me