Hi Michelle,
I feel like you have a lot to update me on, so please start immediately.
All here is fine.
Sincerely,
D. Manding-Pal
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Morning,
ReplyDeleteWell, I got your text yesterday. You are getting mint chocolate. It's supposed to taste apparently like mint chocolate chip ice-cream. I guess you'll see about that. Plus it looks so cute for St. Patrick's Day. If you'd like, I can drop it off tomorrow or if you'd like to meet in the morning we could do that too. Just let me know. They are from Friday so I don't want it to go much longer without being eaten.
So did you have a good weekend? I was pretty tired by Sunday. So Thursday I got in around 11:15pm their time. We talked for a while and I spoke with Matt (E's boyfriend) about everything and then went to bed. Then I kind of took my time in the morning having breakfast and getting ready and then I left to go to Molly's cupcakes and grab a fish sandwich from McDonald's. Hey! I have to save some cash so no judgement!
Then I was off to the "you know what". I think things went very well. However, I won't find out for another 2 weeks. I'll let you know what I hear. You have to do the same for me about yours.
Switching away from that for a moment, this is one of the subjects in my Spam mail. Cheap Boner Pills [itysefisam2984@bol.net.in] Really? That's great. Imagine actually responding to something like that. Who's on the other side? Are they working from a home computer or in an office. Do they tell people that they sell boner pills? Ew.
Okay sorry! I just had to share because sometimes I wonder what's going on out there. Anyway, back to the "you know what". I think things went well, everyone was nice. I had 5 people to talk to. It went from 2:15 until 5:15P.M. Then I was stuck in traffic for a while. I got home around 12:30 AM. Then I went to Dayton during the day to meet up with my mom. It was nice. We met up at the mall for a while and then I came back home. I hung out with Shelly and we met up with Tyler's friend. Kind of different since he wasn't there but it was alright. Then I got home for some reason fairly late around 3. Then I pretty much was a lazy bum on Sunday though I least I washed dishes before Annie got home and cleaned up a bit before watching The Cutting Edge marathon on the Family Channel. Yup. I did! How can they make 4 of those? They are all the same thing. Oh well. I sat and watched so... what's that say?
Okay well write me back and tell me your story. Also, girl you lookin' good in those pants!
Okay, yeah...
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the thing went well! We'll have to have a face-to-face so you can explain more in detail about duties and location. But I hope you hear good news. Do you think you would like it?
And yes, please, can we arrange a cupcake time to meet? I could do either morning or afternoon tomorrow. We can figure it out. And thank you- you are a sweet friend.
Your weekend sounds like it was fun, but pretty hectic! I hope you can catch up on some sleep this week. Did Tyler get back yet? Did you get a good souvenir??
Yesterday was Toby's baptism, so that was really nice. And Saturday I went to the gym and then to Red Robin for an early dinner. You know I love their food. Mmm. Those veggies of theirs are sooooooooo good.
Can you believe I've never seen ANY of the Cutting Edge movies? But I have seen the Tai Babylonia Story about 15 times. And would watch it again if it was on ;-)
Hahahah. You just emailed me to tell me you wrote on here. And here I am already finishing up my reply.
I WIN!!!!!!!!!!
;-)
me
It's very interesting that you actually do not win anything. You think you are quick? You think you are fly? Well think AGAIN! I am pretty sure I have beaten you many times. I do not recall the actual dates but I know it's happened probably. :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, well I am thinking maybe we can meet tomorrow morning then? I say that because I know you get off of work before me unless you are okay with hanging around up north for a while or I could stop by your place after work. I guess it doesn't matter really huh?
I'm sure Toby looked cute in his white outfit yesterday. Did he cry at all or just make noises? Did you guys have cake and ice-cream afterwards? I wouldn't know anything about it as my sister's family are all basically atheist or whatever you call people that believe their might be a higher being but do not belong or believe in a single religion. So not one has been baptized except for my sister when she was a baby.
And yes, Tyler came back yesterday. I went over there yesterday evening (as I napped in and out all day). We just hung out and talked and caught up and watched this ESPN movie about the Pacers and the Knicks. It's some movie series by ESPN called 30 for 30. It actually wasn't bad. Anyway, he brought me back a scarf. It's okay. It's black with gold outlines of turtles on it. I'm actually surprised he picked it out for me but it's just okay. I'll see how I might pull it off. It's okay but I need to see about if I'm going to be wearing it much or not. It COULD have potential.
So we should get together face-to-face to talk. Perhaps we can catch up then tomorrow afternoon over a cupcake and some tea perhaps. Let me know.
I'm going to have a pointless meeting at 11 until 11:30 though they usually run over for some reason though they are not helpful and useless. Great!
Michelle
Friendling,
ReplyDeleteYes, there was cake. And a giant pretzel sandwich and shrimp. And deviled eggs and salami rollups. Next time we have a baptism in the family, you must come! Maybe it will be Jim's!
Toby was pretty good. He did cry a couple of times when the priest touched him with the water, but he settled right back down. He did look cute, too. I have some pics on my camera.
And you are welcome to come by tomorrow after work if you want to! I know it's out of your way, though, so if you'd rather I swing by in the morning, we can do that. But I would love to share the cupcake wtih you (despite its mintiness) and a cuppa.
I am going to have to actually see this scarf before I can pass judgment. I will admit your description was not, exactly... flattering.
But I'm sure you were glad he's back and you guys could spend some quality time together.
Write me after your pointless meeting!
me
Not that I'm surprised, but this "meeting" hasn't happened yet. Nothing ever really starts on time here. I must say they are one of the most unorganized and inefficient companies I've ever worked for.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, they waste a lot of time. So, I don't mind stopping by after work tomorrow. It's not a big deal. I won't stay too long if you have stuff to do. Also, I didn't know if you didn't like mint. So you don't? If not, I can see if Annie wants to switch with you for the chocolate chip cookie monster one with the cookie dough center. Let me know. I can text her.
Also, yes, the food at your baptism party sounds very delightful and all things I could eat currently. I did not bring breakfast and last night my stomach was growling as I had an early dinner of Lipton Soup. I was slightly hungover for part of the day which didn't help my tiredness. Anyway, then last night my stomach growled for about 1.5 hrs. No joke. I'm pretty sure the gummy worms I'm eating are not making feel full at all.
Anyway, I will totally come to Jim's baptism. Do you know when it will be by chance? Also, let's plan a vacation day together as I found out how many days I have accrued and I think I can splurge a little and give up a day. Let me know when you think would be a good time and what we might do. We also need to remember that money is an object to us. :) However, fun times can still be had. It could even mean a trip to Columbus or Indy or we could just hang around here and do fun stuff too like go to the zoo, have breakfast, watch a movie during the day and other fun stuff. Let me know. Also, when I come over tomorrow you can show me the pictures of Toby. I don't even know what he looks like.
Anyway, write me when you can. And thanks to you I'm craving a pretzel sandwich.
Go Rocks! (what was that thing in that book from students and professors?)
me
THIS BOOK IS ROCK!
ReplyDelete;-)
And I am all up for a vacation day. If I get that new job, I dont' know if I'll be able to take off in April, so maybe towards the end of this month? I would love to go somewhere for the day or to stay nearby. We could save on gas money and use that for eating sushi somewhere?
Did they tell you for sure it would be 2 weeks before you hear anythign? And then did they say how long before things would need to start??
Also, your hunger makes me sad. I wish I could bring you a snacky. it will be fun to see you tomorrow after work, though. i have nothing at all to do so feel free to linger if you like. I have a lb of asparagus I can roast for us to celebrate teh springtime.
Has your meeting started yet? And what ARE you having for lunch?
Sincerely,
me
Friend, that's great. If you want to make an asparagus snacky poo that's fine with me but do not feel pressure. I can go home and eat too as tonight I'm going to the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteFor lunch I brought nothing as I'm out of soup and was too lazy to make any yesterday. I'm going to pay my car bill and then run to Meijer and pick up a can of soup and then bring it back here and heat it up.
And let's maybe plan to do something end of the month then. It will have to be before Easter. Perhaps we could do Monday the 22nd or Friday the 26th? Or mid-week if you feel Monday or Friday is shady. :)
And they said they would get together in a week and discuss whether or not I would be a good fit. Then it would be about a week after that when they let me know so it could be shorter than 2 weeks but 2 weeks is the round about time I should find out. And I talked to them about maybe starting in a month or 2 already though I will see if June 1st is okay for them.
Also, we can talk about what we might do tomorrow evening then for our mini vac. Did you like that? It sounds like something you have to go to the gyno to get. GROSS!
Okay, well! I'm sure you wanted me to end things that way right before your lunch so at that, I'm off to the bank to pay Pay Pay!!!
Okay, write me!
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI hope you got your pay pay pay taken care of. And that your soup is heating nicely.
I ran over to Gabriel Bros w/Spring. I didn't end up buying anything. I made some soup here at my desk and I'm waiting for it to cool. Like that is going to keep me full for so long. I hate that.
Anyway! I'd love to serve you some asparagus tomorrow and maybe I'll come up with an additional little snack. I actually like making food for people. Did you know that? So, it's fun for me! It will be great to discuss things in person then, too.
Now, about our mini vac.
HAHHAHAHAH. GYNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;-)
I hope I hear from my i'view people today about when my thign will be this week. I'd like to get things moving!
Sorry I don't have anything more to share. My life really is that boring!
Sincerely,
The Less Interesting Friend
That's clearly not true. You are very interesting. And I hope you hear back soon too. That would just be great. I hope they would want you to start really soon too.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am going to be in a meeting this afternoon at some point. Don't worry, I KNOW they do not want me in there. My team leader called me into the conference room when I came back from lunch to let me know about Susan though he knows I already knew. Then they are discussing my new job responsibilities. Oh I'm sorry, they were going to have a meeting about my job responsibilities. The other girls and then the team leaders. I'm like, so I can come to that meeting then right? He said yeah. I mean doesn't it make sense that I would? That's how Susan got screwed before and they gave her the biggest and hardest plant. The other girls here are seriously in it for themselves and they are rude. They will try anything to get out of doing work and they try to pawn stuff off on other people. Um.. nice try ladies. I'll be in there so I'd LOVE for you to try to do that to my face. Hhahahahaha! I'll let you know how it goes. They are kind of bitches like that. And I go, doesn't it make sense that the biggest plant would go to someone with the most experience? And my team leader was like um... yeah? But I don't know. And I just said, look you and I both know no one wants Indiana. And it was very surprising that they gave it to Susan. That doesn't make sense so I would like to avoid that from happening to me. And then he was like, umm.. are you going to bring it up? They are scared! So I'm like, I can bring it up if it's an issue. WTF?
Anyway, I ended up getting a salad. It was okay. You know I'm going to be hungry by 3:30. Seems like Gabriel Bros. would be fun. I thought about them the other day because I still have a pair of gym shoes from there. I wonder if they have cute cardigans on sales there? Hmmm?
Sonway, looking forward to tea wishes and asaparagus dreams??? Hmmm... doesn't sound as nice as champaign and caviar. Oh well. It'll be perfect for us!
Write me!!!!
Where was your salad from?
ReplyDeleteIt's good you'll be at that meeting. Who knows what they would get up to if you are not there to defend yourself. Are they going to replace Susan? Too bad she didnt' leave a while go, then I would've tried to get her job. And our lives would have been sooooooo much better.
If you move to Chicago, we may never work together again. That makes me kind of sad ;-/
But I am happy for you. I know it is what you really want.
Asparagus dreams gross me out, btw.
Ooooh. I just thought of what we're going to have with it! I know you are going to like!!
BTW, I really need to stop shopping. For like a year I have been really good about not spending money on clothes and house stuff and then suddenly BAM I am acting like I have unlimited funds.
Ooops. I forgot I hadn't posted this and then I got your reminder email.
And I apologize if my posts are not as full and well written as you would like. For some reason it is hard for me to get my thoughts together in this little box, compared to actually writing in an email window. Maybe I should do the copy and paste thing?
Anyway! Did you have your meeting after you rmeeting yet??
- me
p.s. I just read Kate Winslet is getting a divorce. That makes me want to watch The Holiday.
ReplyDeleteUm yeah, so they just got called for their meeting and I just told their group leader that I wanted to sit in on that meeting as it possibly is about my job duties and he's like, oh well I think we're going to have a meeting tomorrow with everyone. I'm just going to tell them what's going on. That's pretty much BS. They are going to give him all kinds of suggestions on what I will do. And I know they will want to just have me take over what they pawned off onto Susan.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm kind of frustrated right now but at least maybe this won't be for long. I wonder what you are planning for tomorrow with the asparagus btw.
Anyway, we have some catching up to do tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy your evening.
Sorry, Friend. That is very frustrating and disrespectful. I know you will find a happier place soon.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your evening and the extra hour of daylight. Spring is coming fast!
- me