To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Dear Friend,

Today is finally here. I am so happy for you as you begin to celebrate your personal new year. I know that you're not perfect, but I'm pretty messed up, too. Either way I found out - I'M NOTHING WITHOUT YOU!

Hope you are already feeling celebratory!

Love,

Frances

8 comments:

  1. Are you ever going to write me, friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I think I left a comment under the wrong blog. I left it from yesterday's conversation. Sorry!

    Also, do you have plans for lunch. I really think I might go to noodles, only I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get free ones but I didn't print out the coupon. Looks like I'll be going there again this week! :)

    How about you? How are YOU doing? Do YOU beleive in magic?

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    Noodles sound really good. I am goign to see if Danny wants to go to that Korean place. I also had a donut for breakfast. I have turned into a complete pig. I cannot begin bleeding soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And of course I am coming to the get-together tonight. Do you care if I spend the night afterwards? Otherwise, I would have to leave pretty early to get home and in bed on time. Just let me know, okay?

    Does everyone at Shinwa know it's your birthday? They certainly will once that singing Big Bird shows up to serenade you at your desk ;-)

    Write back if you can! And I did see your note on the other blog. I plan to start a new post each day and we can comment under that until we are set free in the afternoon/evening.

    BTW, my right wrist is SUPER sore. I have been ignoring it, but it feels all the time like I need to pop it back in place. And if I put any weight on it or try ot use it, it freaks the hell out. What do you think is wrong with me????

    (be kind)

    Love,

    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, remember how that happened to me on Saturday night? It finally popped back into place. If you are alone, you might try popping it yourself by flailing your arm out and shaking it. Pop it... flop it... flail... and shake! We are so making that into a rap song like other losers do.

    I hope you enjoy the korean place. Do you do the sushi lunch or rice bowl?

    I'm going to get curry soup and cucumber and tomato salad. Yum!


    Now you are welcome to spend the night at my place tonight of course! I hope my taxes are done and I can pick them up today. Other than that, not much else so I should be home on time.

    And my department knows it's my birthday because I brought in cupcakes and one of the ladies here wrote it on her calendar. No one did anything for it though. It's okay. I'm still fairly new and wasn't expecting anything anyway. I kind of just want to chill about it too. It's seriously not a big deal really. I'm glad it's my birthday, but it's not like it's this super huge event or anything. I'm glad people like my cupcakes and think they are cute. They match my outfit today. Priceless. :) This is why people judge me and sometimes might think I'm a bit of a priss. Not true though!

    If there's some left, I'll save you one but I'm bringing some tonight anyways. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday Gal,

    It was nice to hear your voice for a little minute. I'm sorry I was distracted, the korean waitress kept asking me questions although I was, obviously, on my phone!

    IN any event, the stone rice bowl was very delicious but I should've stopped with my bad self long before I actually did. And I also should have slowed the f down initially because I am pretty sure I'm going to hvae blisters on the insides of my cheeks where I shoveled the burning bits exploded mushrooms when I panicked and tried to get them off my tongue.

    But it was tasty. I only wish you could've been there to share in the lunch time adventure with me.

    Now, about those cupcakes...

    Do you think you'll ever be through with cupcakes? I'm just wondering. You know how sometimes we fall back out of love?

    And thank you for letting me stay with you tonight. It will make it much less rushed for me. I can sleep on the couch if someone else is using the futon.

    BTW, how did your taxes turn out??

    Let me know. I live for the 411 of your life.

    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting that you live for the 411 in my life. Let me tell you, there's not much going on and also, I dropped my taxes off. I have no idea how they went. What I do know is that I better not owe anything and hopefully will get at least a little somethin' somethin' back. I hope.

    Anyway, sorry about your burning sensations. :) I ended up going to Potbelly. It was pretty good though. Sometimes their sandwich tastes slightly too oily for me but it was still good. I think the curry soup would have been a better choice but I have no regrets. I probably would have gotten little dots of curry soup on my scarf anyway.

    And no, I do not believe I will ever fall out of love with cupcakes. It's pretty much impossible for me at this point in my life. I'm pretty sure cupcakes love me too. :)

    Anyway, I hope everything is going well and that your afternoon is short and quick and painless.

    Write me when you get a chance.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,

    I am SO SICK of being shocked by my desk, desk chair and computer. It is ridiculous. And it HURTS. It's not like a little cracke. It's a loud buzzing snapping monster shock. And it happens time and time again during the day. I am beginning to be conditioned to be fearful of moving or getting out of my chair for any reason. The worst is when I forget and have my headphones in. It feels like the biggest baddest bumblebee EVER just zoomed deep into my head via my ear canal. It's really awful. And how am I ever supposed to complain to someone about this? You know I would sound ridiculous and pathetic.

    In any event. I'm glad you got some lunch. I think we need substantial meals on such a cold day. It really is insanely cold. I think we get less efficient at heating our bodies once they think it is spring. I hope Kim's house will not be freezing!

    Now, honey. I know that you are an introspective person who likes to always think of ways to live a better life. Towards that end, has yoru birthday spawned any new resolutions? I'd love to hear about them. If you actually haven't had a chance to come up with some, let me know.

    Oh, by the way, I am on the phone right now with the scary cowboy. Do you remember him? Do you remember the time he left that REALLY weird message on my voicemail? That was ages ago. I so wish I could have saved that forever in the memory binder. On a little tape cassette. Heh heh.

    Now, how is work treating you this afternoon...?

    TELL ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, so I'm seriously going to have a sugar coma. I can't stop now. I'll have to have soda when I get home. So they got a cake for the woman who eloped (hehe) this weekend. And so it's cake AND ice-cream. Oh gosh. And you know I'm about to eat more sweets tonight! I just have to give in and let it happen I guess. I'm such a martyr?

    And I barely remember something about a cowboy. Do you remember what he might have said or requested. I feel like I remember a professor but I think it was Danny's that we would call up sometimes? And then I had one that had an Indian accent and he would say Beeeeeeee Haaaappppy! What did yours do again?

    And I haven't really done too much thought about my life any more than I have already since it seems that many things are still going on. I know I appreciate things more than I used to and I continue to realize the important things in life like friends and family.

    Okay, so clearly this never got sent. Uhh... and you are leaving!!!

    I'll see you tonight sweet thang!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers