To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do

Monday, March 8, 2010

Stealth Bombers Unite

Hey Friend,

What do you think? I am going to see if I can tweak it a little more, but I think this might be a possibility? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section :-)

me

10 comments:

  1. Hello, I hope this works. I think it should. Let me know if you get this. I'll obviously keep updating it.

    I like the microsoft label. Very nice. I hope this isn't some kind of infringement. :)

    I mean if it is, we can take it down. No biggie.

    So how is the morning so far. I'm glad it's almost 11:00.

    I also kind of wish I didn't have this taste bud thing. It's SO much better and not as painful yet it is still "out there" literally so it's a little weird rubbing against the side of my teeth all of the time. But if I didn't have that, I would totally appreciate a glass of orange juice and a good fruit salad right now.

    Also, have you ever heard of the rice flower? I went to fresh market on Saturday after Norka and saw them and they are so cute. They look fake. Anyway, if you can find a pic, you will understand what I mean. They had these magenta ones, a white with pinkish color ones, and these mustard yellow ones. So pretty and springy. They were $4.99 for a little bunch. I felt like I shouldn't have sucked it up since I had just sucked it up in buying that futon cover. I want you to see it to tell me if you like it.

    Okay then! Hope you get this!

    PS. My name for this will be 3T. My old nickname meaning triple threat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure did work - just fine and dandy. It's good to be back in touch. DO you think you will be able to write more freely now?

    And yeah, I hope it's not some kind of bad thing that I am using that logo. Heheheheh.

    I haven't heard of rice flowers. Let me look them up.

    Hmm. Those are kind of different. Why do they remind me of some kind of cereal? In any event, that was a reasonable price but I understand the guilt. And yet fresh flowers make such a nice contribution to one's home environment.

    Sorry about your taste bud, dude. Hopefully it will be all better soon. You know? I might do some research later to see if there is a cause for them. They are like the hang-nail of mouths.

    I keep having sneezing fits this morning. I feel like there is an actual fuzzy-ish thing stuck up my nose. I wish I had my neti pot here!

    Okay, write me when you can!

    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's how I was starting to feel last night actually. It was like suddenly my nose was slightly running and it almost felt like there was a hair or something just tickling my nose. I blew it several times before going to bed.

    Also, I'm pretty sure my whole taste bud thing was an acid problem as it was accompanied by a couple canker sores which have retired now. I'm just waiting for this to heal now so I really might have to stay away from spaghetti sauce and my beloved tomatoes and orange juice etc. for this week.

    Also, yes these flowers are very different. Up close and personal they look like tiny balls in a big cluster. The colors were actually pretty amazing though causing me to wonder if they were even real. They looked like they were made out of colored paper somehow. Bright bold color. Very interesting.

    And perhaps when you have an exploded bud it is caused by your sweet tart intake and any other partially sour foods you eat.

    I think this acid one was one of the worst though!

    PS. So my old neighbor at work is leaving and putting in her 2 wks today. I don't know if they know yet but I really want to see there reaction. Also, not sure if my job functions will be affected either. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the nicer weather means allergy season is starting up? Because seriously - I think there might be a midget in my nose, tickling the inside with a little red feather. I must have sneezed 15 times since I got to work!

    And by your old neighbor at work do you mean Susan? Where is she going? Or whoever it is that's leaving?

    I thought that whole taste bud website was hilarious. People are taking it way too seriously and that thing about clipping it off with nail clippers? Are you insane??

    It is almost lunch time here in Mason. I am going to eat my salad and then make soup. It was so nice having a real breakfast and also some coffee this morning. It makes a big difference.

    I think I am going to take a walk with Danny this afternoon if it is really warm out. I was not happy when I left for work and had to scrape my car, though.

    Enjoy your lunch. Write when you can!

    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it IS because of the warmer weather I believe and also if you did any cleaning the dust could also be a factor. And you are thinking of the correct person. She'll be working 5 minutes from home at a car dealership. And she likes the people she'll be working with and they are flexible.

    Also, yeah. One of the comments said they pull theirs off and it's really easy. WTF??? Do you even have the same thing because that would be extremely painful and almost too intense that I am pretty sure I would vomit from the pain.

    And yes it IS nice to have breakfast. I would say it's not for everyday to have THAT kind but breakfast really is a must and is SO helpful. But it's nice to have a good one too.

    I will be going to lunch in like 30 minutes though I've already eaten 3 gummy worms.

    Always hungry? Possibly?

    Okay...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was your lunch? I hope it was good. Mine was just okay. I didnt' like that our pumpkin seeds got kind of soft :-(

    I'm happy for Susan. How did they react to her news? I am still dreading having to tell my mgr about that interview on wednesday. you know it's awkward, no matter what.

    we have a conference call at 1 p.m. I saved my strawberries to eat during it as a reward ;-)

    Hope your afternoon is bright and cheery - just like your personal style!

    me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, saving the strawberries, eh? I hope they are sweet for you. Mine were okay but only one was truly sweet and delicious. I'm not complaining at all though. And thanks again for lunch. That was very nice of you and my harvest salad was SO good. My pumpkin seeds didn't seem mushy at all! My lips did tingle a little from the dressing after a while. It does that with balsalmic too. But it's SO good! You could totally sell that!

    Also, I haven't noticed any reactions and I'm guessing in 2 weeks when she doesn't come in they'll finally let us know that she quit. :) They are ridiculous. They never said anything about Nancy. Stupid.

    Anyway, hope your meeting is going well. I'm just waiting to get out of here so I can take a walk after work. Hip hip... hooray! It was so nice out at lunch. I ate at my desk and then drove to Target and picked up a fountain soda from their cafe. It was nice. And I had the windows down and got fresh air. Ah...!

    Anyway, wite (I'll leave that) when you can.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,

    My strawberries were quite excellent, thank you! Very nice and the first ones of the year for this winter weary writer.

    >;-)

    I'm jealous that you got some fresh air at lunch but more so, I am happy for you. It's nice that you can pop over to Target. Is your gang not loitering at Remke's anymore?

    I was thinking that if I get the job in NKY, then we could meet sometimes at lunch. At least until you move away. Maybe like at a park that is midway between our offices?

    Wanting fresh air, too,

    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be SO awesome and great. Yes, they still hang out at Remke but not everyday so on days they go out, I eat in my car or at my desk and go somewhere. It IS nice when I do that. And it's also nice to get a break from the lunch group as most of lunch is spent hearing everyone's complaints. Sometimes I just want to enjoy some good music and sun ya know?

    And if I got to meet you ever it would be great to just hang out for a while like a real break away from work. We could meet around Buttermilk maybe? Or Florence actually.

    Anyway, I'm actually surprised it's 3 already. Looks like today wasn't awful! yay!

    Also, remind me to not wear these shoes to work again. They are really not comfortable. I don't know that I want to wear them barely ever?

    Okay then. Tis your turn for sunshine and the bright side.

    Sorry I didn't clean your egg pan either or anything I may have used for breakfast. Sorry! Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sloppybottom,

    You are forgiven. Cleaning that dang iron skillet is a task I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! I will take care of it when I get home and, pause, lovingly in remembrance of what it held.

    That stinks about those shoes because they were really pretty. What part is the most painful?

    And clearly our spring and early summer could be very happy if they included the occasional lunch shared ensemble. We are really good at making yummy food to share, Sushi Queen :-)

    Well, listen. I hope you enjoy your walk this evening. And if you are bored, you should check out Jason and Molly's wedding ;-)

    TTYL,

    me

    ReplyDelete

Followers