Hi Friend,
Hope you are having an okay morning. Mine is a little hectic but not so hectic I cannot write to tell you hello.
Nashville was fine. We had a really really good dinner Saturday night, so that was good. And the part of the city we stayed in was cool because there was a little old shopping area with some fun places to look and also a really yummy frozen yogurt place where you can mix and match flavors and toppings. So that was fun.
Yesterday when I got home, I pretty much crashed. I had a horrible headache and I was very happy to be at home finally.
How was your weekend?
me
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey!
ReplyDeleteDo you know what the name of the restaurant was that you went to in Nashville on Saturday? Also, that frozen yogurt sounds delicious. I have been craving with a strong passion some frozen yogurt with fresh fruit on top. I hope you enjoyed it friend!
Anyway, I know how it is to be driving up on a Friday and then coming back on a Sunday though when we did it I at least had Friday off. I'm sure you were tired but at least your place was clean already when you got home!
I'm excited as I got to enjoy my apartment a little bit yesterday without Annie. Tonight I'll be cleaning my room tonight and getting rid of some things and then probably also cleaning out the refrigerator. I think tomorrow I will tackle the pantry and our breakfast area. I'm going through all of our old mail that's collected and shredding them or getting rid of them. I think probably Wednesday I will try to get the upstairs room cleaned up more since you know it's turned crazy. I tried to clean it a little when I got my new futon cover but didn't actually go through the stuff in there. We have a pile of boxes stacked in there, mainly Annie's junk. I'm about to put them all in the basement. I want to make sure the place looks clean for you when you come. I asked off for Thursday but haven't found out yet so if he says no, I'll let you know and then maybe you can just come over Thursday evening after work or something.
I'm really looking forward to it! Anyway, I hope your workload gets lighter for you. At least you are staying busy? :)
Well write me back when you can. Good luck today and I hope it turns out to be a decent day for you even if you are pretty busy.
Because I care!
Michelle
PS. I wasn't sure what all we should have on Thursday, I know we will have pizza. Was there anything else in particular you would like with that? I was thinking an Olive Garden salad... OR... roasted broccoli... or... whatever else! Let me know!
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThe name of the r'rant was Zolo's. And it was in Franklin, TN which is where we stayed (south of Nashville proper).
I'm glad you are getting your spring cleaning underway! Keep me posted about Thursday. I will kind of need to play it by ear, too, but either way we will share a great meal together, kay? Like our own personal seder ;-)
Tonight I am trying out roasting cauliflower. I saw it in a magazine and it looked really good to me. I'll let you know how it turns out (if you care?)
I just finished my leftover chinese food for lunch and now I am going to eat an orange. I got a good bag of them from Kroger for $1.99!
What's new in your world? And what is going on with Anna and that guy Zack??
me
Hey, I haven't gotten an update on Zac. Anna is fine though. I saw her on Saturday. Can't let dumb dramatic things get in the way of normal life ya know?
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Zolo's. What kind of place was it. BBQ? Or was it Southern cooking? Also, I'm sure the roasted cauliflower will be good if broccoli is. I love cauliflower too! Yum! Let me know how it turns out.
And I think Thursday is approved but have to get the final say from someone under my manager??? Okay... whatev. Should be fine though so just let me know how yours goes.
I had chicken noodle soup and applesauce and an apple for lunch. Good but certainly no leftover Chinese! At least you had some good stuff for a Monday!
Nothing's new in my world. Just cleaning I guess. I'm trying to get organized and find new things. That's about it.
I'm about to sit with this girl in a minute. Write me.
Zolo's is an italian r'rant. I got their "trio" which was spinach and cheese ravioli, penne pasta and sausage and meatballs all in the same bowl with red sauce. And a ceasar salad. It was seriously really really good. I liked how they mixed things together where normally you would have one or the other.
ReplyDeleteApple sauce sounds tasty. I wish I had some. Or that I hadn't already eaten my orange. Fruit is so tasty!
And good news on Thursday! I am not taking the day off in advance. I am going to make sure nothing crazy is going on in the office and barring that, I will just call in sick. I haven't done that in a long time. What should we do for fun on Thursday!?
If it's really nice, I wouldn't mind going somewhere like Teak for lunch - we haven't done something like that during the day in a really long time.
Now are you off on Friday and Monday, too? That would be pretty sweet...
I might put some indian spices on the cauliflower before i roast it. or maybe make a curry-yogurt dip for it afterwards?
I am so hungry right now, though. I am fighting the urge to find something to eat. Since everything at work is bad news nutritionally speaking!
Hope that girl has let you go by now,
me
Yes, she has. This training thing is a joke kind of. I'm sick of people being so willing to lie to my face. Oh this doesn't normally happen that there's this many problems. REALLY? Funny because that's exactly the reason I knew none of you wanted it AND why I said that it had the most problems during the meeting in which the response was that it didn't. That is such a joke. ANYWAY. I've shut down and checked out a while ago so I don't even care. I now think these things are amusing and just waiting for this place to go down.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your pasta meal sounds so good. I feel like I went somewhere before and appreciated my variety. I think I tried a spaghetti and meatball, ravioli, and then something else. I think that was at Spaghetti Warehouse in Dayton. I like that place better than the other ones I've seen or that Spaghetti Factory here. The one in Dayton is cooler and with better food though I do not appreciate their spaghetti and they used to be more authentic than they are now.
Also, I might splurge and do Teak during the day with you. Seriously, it's supposed to be 76 and sunny on Thursday. I really hope you can call in then!
Please do not mention putting Indian curry spices on your cauliflower. That sounds SO good. I want to try making something Indian too. I see the sauces that look pretty good at Biggs. Maybe another dinner we have. We'll shop for our meal and then cook it.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I need to make some tea now. It's a bit chili in here. I'm glad I have Susan's space heater. She left it for me! She is so sweet.
Anyway, perhaps you too should buy a bag of apples and bring one in everyday. For some reason I have 3. Oops. One is green though. The other two are gala. I had one at lunch though so... Not really feeling another. Now I want freaking cauliflower! Thanks.
Anyway, write me back and let me know what all you might want to do on our day off. We could check out anthro for spring smells and urban outfitters though we might not buy a thing. Then we could totally eat our leftovers outside again on the balcony. We could also go to Trader Joes, Kenwood to Sephora and a home store or wherever. We could play tennis... take a walk. Lots of stuff. AND watch a movie.
Yeah, I would have Thursday, Friday and Monday off. My first actual vacation from work in a long time. I'm super excited!
Also, why have I eaten like 20 sour patch kids?
Me