Hi Swettest (I'll leave that)
I got that call I've been waiting for, so I officially have the new job! And best of all - I am actually getting a little raise. I figured it will be an extra $40 per paycheck plus all the money I'm going to save on gas. I am very happy and excited to get started!
I have to wait to hear from my new manager about when my first day will be. So I think next week would definitely be ideal for our day off together. I found out yesterday that I dont' have to babysit next week for Andrew, so I would now be available tues, wed or thurs. Let me know which one you want to use!
Okay. Hope your morning is going okay!
me
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boo friend, that's great news! I'm super happy for you and I really hope this helps you save money and be happier.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I will see about next week. I am off I believe next Friday the 3rd. (the random holiday they chose.)
Okay training.
see you.
Thanks, honeybuns. I am super happy, too. It will be good to eliminate this ridiculous drive every day.
ReplyDeleteFriday the 3rd is Good Friday - I would not feel "good" about having fun that day ;-) Just let me know if another day would work. I'm afraid that after the 5th things are going to be difficult schedule-wise.
Hope training is a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
me
Okay, sorry about that. Right after I started writing to you the girl who is training me was like, "Okay, I'm ready!" and then was just looking at me. Hence, the hurried okay training bye incident.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, so I'm off next Friday and Monday. Yes, next weekend is EASTER? Isn't that crazy? It came pretty fast. March was short!
So... I can see if I can take off on Thursday but I'm not sure if that will be okay with them. Let me check and see. Would that be a day you'd want to take off? OR... I wasn't sure if not taking off that day, if you'd want to just come over anyway to spend the night. Let me know what works best. I can ask about Thursday today if you think you'd like to take that day off. Let me know as soon as you can.
On a different note, my pizza was pretty good my friend. I was satisfied and happy with it. I made a meat pizza too with pepperoni and bacon and peppers and onions. SO GOOD. The veggie one was peppers, onions, tomatoes, and goat cheese. I forgot to put the olives on it. Anyway, I will remember when you come over.
What did you think of AI last night? I wasn't surprised who went home. She did NOT sound good the day before. It was pretty bad. And I like Phil Collins!
Now is it supposed to rain all today and tomorrow? Just wondering. Do you have anything going on this weekend? Perhaps fun plans with Jim or whatever? I was going to do a spring day on Saturday if you want to join in. I think the other girls might come too. It's not set in stone but I was thinking about going to Urban Outfitters and Anthro to look around. Then maybe walking Tyler's roommates dog (for physical activity), and then we can rest in a lightly spring air breeze room with blankets area and watch a good movie to relax. Let me know if you are interested. I'm going to send the email out today.
Okay, well write me back. If you want to go to TJ Maxx or Home Goods to find a new linen spray I will be willing to help you choose. :)
Michelle
Boo,
ReplyDeleteThursday would work fine for me, but let me know if they won't let you off. Regardless, I will plan on spending a night at your house and if you are off the next day and I'm not, we can meet for dinner at 4 ;-)
Your pizza sound so yummy. Does the naan taste like pizza crust? Also, I can't eat goat cheese for a little while. I had a bad experience Tuesday when I thought the cheese was still good and ate some only to be sickened by the disgusting flavor of bad goat cheese. NOT GOOD FRIEND!
This weekend I am going to Nashville for Shauna Price's 30th birthday. We are leaving tomorrow after work. If I haven't mentioned this it's because I actually do not want to go on any level and resent being asked to participate in someone's bday weekend when I think as grown ups we shouldn't throw big parties for ourselves. I want to stay home and have springtime day and sleep in. Intsead I will be sleeping on someone's floor and then goign to bars with people who do not drink.
I am looking forward to Sunday though. It is the semi-annual Ravioli/Spaghetti dinner at Sacret Heart Church in Camp Washington. Jim and I are going to have a nice meal and then go to church that evening. It is Palm Sunday which means church will be extra long, but I don't mind because Jim puts his arm along the back of the pew and I can rest my head on it. That makes everything better.
Sappy but true!!!!!!!!!!!
In any event, your weekend sounds so nice. Is Tyler out of town again? And has he had any i'views in Chicago?
Write me,
me
Friend, I'm sorry about your trip to Nashville. I really sympathize with you. As I'm trying to watch my money. And every year Michelle wants to have a birthday party. I don't mind having a birthday party. But everyone else gets a normal house party and maybe a bar run. Michelle wants to rent a place out and provide drinks for half of the night. I always end up spending a butt-load of money for my own birthday! I am not really able to do that this year. I keep suggesting to her that we just keep it more low-key and just maybe have drinks at someone's place and perhaps appetizers or whatever and then go out to the bars. What's so wrong with that? So we might spend a little money on the cab. That's not that bad compared to the $200 she is willing to spend to rent a place out. Really?
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry about your goat cheese. I can't imagine. I actually ate a couple bad raspberries the on Tuesday. I made this yogurt and I love eating it with fresh berries. The strawberries and blueberries were fine. The pineapple was delicious. However, after my first bite of over-ripened raspberry all I could taste was grossness. Nice. And Naan is different. I think it's okay. I like that but they also have a pizza crust similar looking to naan but bigger and more rectangular at Biggs. I might prefer that one but the naan was cheaper and I knew I wanted to make two different kinds. I can just split the other in half next time. It's alright though.
Have fun eating your ravioli. I LOVE ravioli. Let us not forget we have to go to Columbus and go to Union for their ravioli. It's SO good. I'm going to buy ravioli next time I go to the grocery. I bought a new sauce I want to try. It's creamy tomato sauce by Giada. I got it at Target. I believe her line is new there. I tasted it before and it was pretty good. Pretty thick but good but I didn't get a good idea because it was a brief light taste. If it IS good, I'll tell you and you can get some. It wasn't badly priced and similar to prego and classico soo...
I really hope you have fun at least since you have to have a birthday weekend for her. I'm sure Shauna will have a couple drinks right?
And yes, Tyler is in town. I don't think he's going on any more vacations for a little while. I know in May (Memorial Day weekend) he's going up to Minneapolis and I'm supposed to go with him for his Half-Giving celebration with his family and another family (friends of their family). They call it that because they wanted to get together before Thanksgiving or something and they get together twice a year with these people. I think they want to go to the Twins new stadium. His family is really into baseball. I think they are going to a game too. I will be meeting them a little after mid-April. I hope I like them. He said his mom is acting nervous and wondering if I'm going to like her. What? It's obviously the other way around lady!
And, speaking of mom's... how is yours? I haven't seen them in so long. I used to see your parents more often when you lived at home. I still never got invited over for dinner. Interesting FRANCES.!@#!
Yep... I went there.
Loveable Me!
Half giving sounds... fun? Are his parents super social and clever and have this huge extended family of friends and everyone hugs and kisses all the time? That is what I am imagining ;-)
ReplyDeleteI hope it all goes very well. I am glad you have a nice boyfriend and are planning things into the future. That is a good feeling, yes?
I would right more but I cannot just at this moment. I hope lunch was good. I'll write more later!
plus tard,
me
Okay, I would like for you to know that I miss you and do look forward to hearing how your parents are doing and also more about Nashville. Are you all staying at a hotel or chalet or someone's house?
ReplyDeleteAnd are you getting her a gift? For some reason I didn't realize she was turning 30 this year. You DID mention it a while ago but I clearly wasn't going to remember the date.
Anyway, I will await your communication.
Til then and godspeed,
Michelle
I will write you here, too. Since the coffee is helping a little!
ReplyDeleteI am sure Nashville will be fine, it's just liek I said a little annoying and I love Shauna, she is a very very good friend, but she is not the liveliest person and the people we are going with are even more snoozey. So, I just feel like we could've stayed up here and gone to a nice dinner and had more fun than going down there and sleeping on their friend's floor. I am too old for that stuff!
I'm sorry Mancini is presuring you, but I think it is good if you stand your ground. If she wants to go all out - taht can be for her b'day but you cannot afford and do not want to over-extend yourself when you don't even care about having something extravagant. The older we get the more liberated we are to stick up for ourselves. I hope it will work out for you in the best way possible.
Separately, I know your special day is coming up fast. I would like to take you to dinner to celebrate. Please let me know where you would like to go and we can choose a date.
My parents are great, btw. My dad comes over some evenings and takes walks with me which is really nice. And my mom emailed me today - it was kind of funny. I will fwd it to you via email.
What fun stuff are you getting up to tonight? I am working out with Jim and then making spaghetti and meatballs for our dinner. Then I am going to have to pack for the weekend. We are leaving after work tomorrow.
You should go to the Ravioli dinner on Sunday. It starts in the afternoon and it is soooo fun. I have no idea what time we are going to go (because it depends on when I get back from Nashville). But I really encourage you to go. If you need directions or anything, call Jim on his cellphone - 513-652-6021. He'll be happy to direct you (I am hopeless at it)
Wow. That coffee really did work. I think I even have enough energy to write you about what happened at lunchtime today. I wanted to tell you but I was too fuzzy earlier.
I went to Target because I needed to pick up Shauna's bday present (I am getting her a popcorn popper like mine because she loves it). So, I got to Target and they didn't have the style I need but I did find 2 really cute tops on clearance for $4.48 each. I was checking out at the register and was thinking about how I never go to that Target. And it's a really nice Target. And I was trying to think of why I never go over there. Then it dawned on me. The only other time I ever went there was the time I was in the ladies dept and that man was there and when I looked at him I saw he was wearing lipstick. Do you remember that?
So, anyway. I left Target and decided to check out Big Lots in case they had the popcorn popper. They didn't (figures) but as I passed by the cosmetics aisle, I saw a man looking at the make up and just then he turned my way and I saw that it was THE EXACT SAME WEIRDO FROM TARGET WEARING BRIGHT NEON PINK LIPSTICK.
WTF??????????
It was so weird, Michelle. It was probably last summer that I saw him at Target, I happen to go back there today and I don't see him, but I think of him and not 5 minutes later I see him at Big Lots. It was really creepy.
And I am not unelightened, but I do find the sight of a perfectly-normal seeming man dressed in khakis and a jacket sporting bubblegum pink lipstick to be really really disturbing. Then I kept seeing him in different parts of Big Lots and I know I was giving him scared and grossed out looks.
I don't get why people are such freaks. I am not heartless, but seriously. That is not normal, Michelle. And it was so creepy. Remember when we saw that guy at the rest stop with the heels and make up? You know there is something very unsettling about that. It is scary, for some reason.
Okay. I will stop typing now.
Be safe out there. It's a wild wild world.
me