Hi Michelle,
I thought I would write a post and see if you might be more free to converse here. Even though i am still mad at the way my post from friday got erased. that was sooo far beyond annoying.
anyway. how was your weekend? i hope you had a good one. i never heard from you about saturday. i guess you didn't end up doing anything for the derby?
yesterday was oliver's first communion. it was a really nice time and anne had a ton of good food. i can't believe i will ever be hungry again.
well, write me back if you can. i'll send you a shipment notice.
me
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Buddy,
ReplyDeleteI have a little break. Yay! Anyway, I'm glad you had fun at the first communion. I don't really have any little ones to do that with especially since my sister's children do not have a religion.
ANYWAY, it's nice to see them so excited about getting to go up for communion and participate more fully in mass. I remember mine and I was so nervous and then after I did it for the first time I was so excited and was really looking forward to the next time I got to go to church and do it again.
And it was nice to celebrate afterwards to with delicious cake and other special foods I do not get everyday.
Anyway, this weekend really ended up being a bust. I mean I kind of was depressed yesterday about it.
I didn't do anything on Friday night and then Saturday I was PLANNING on doing something for the Derby only I ended up not doing anything although I stopped by Target and Meijer. Oh I'm SO exciting! So then Kim's like do you want to come over to watch the Derby. So I go over there and it's me and Kim, Annie and Doug and Bill stops by and lastly Anna comes in. We watched the race and then they wanted to do dinner with Lindsay who was in town at Deweys. We go there and wait and then eat and then seriously, why did I just go home after that. I was kind of thinking we were going to have a party for the Derby maybe at Kim's or even just go out or something. So that was a lot of fun. I think I could have had more fun if I hadn't planned on doing anything and also it kind of sucked because everyone during the week was talking about celebrating my new found freedom. I feel like not even planning to do anything anymore because it seems like when we do I end up disappointed because it doesn't happen.
ANYWAY, so that was my weekend. Oh yeah, I stopped by Wal-mart yesterday. I'm sorry, that was another great event I did.
Yes, I'm still a little salty but I'll get over it.
Anyway, do you have plans for lunch. I decided I will go out for lunch to make up for my weekend. Yippie! I am going to be eating in my car so if you are there, I'll try calling your office.
Michelle
Hey Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear your weekend was like that. Did you at least have a good day yesterday?
I had a nice day Saturday, I went to the Bonbonerie and then that pottery show with my mom. We had a good time and I got a pretty set of little crocks that I think I'm going to keep my silverware in on my counter (instead of in the drawer where that holder always gets disgustingly crumb-y). I just have to find the right place so that it doesn't look too cluttered.
Anyway, then I came home and because I have PMS, I tore my house apart in a sudden desire to rearrange all my furniture. THings are still a wreck, but I did clean out my worst most messiest closet. There was stuff in there still wrapped in newspaper from when I moved in. That was more than 2 years ago. Sheesh.
Anyway, yes, yesterday was teh First Communion and it was exciting. I actually wrote you all about first communions and asked you about yours in that post that disappeared. I remember mine so well and how exciting it all was. I hope one day your girls will be able to learn about God. What is the problem with Ra'mon, for real? Are they baptized?
A couple of weeks ago I discovered that there's a branch of my gym not too far from my office. So I actually went there at lunch and worked out. Then I stopped at McDonalds? It's true. I also had to run to Biggs to pick up a prescription and while I was there I got some of those amish chicken thighs. I'm going to roast those for dinner and use the leftoverse in soup this week. Yummy. I also bought a pear for my snack later. Why was my one pear $1.43???????
So after Dewey's did everyone else just go home? Today is Cinco de Mayo. Maybe you can get your drink on this evenign instead.
Good luck with that,
me
Friend, it's not like I NEED to get my drink on. I just thought we were going to party and was actually excited to be able to participate in all of the festivities and then it didn't happen. That's all.
ReplyDeleteAnd you know I didn't do much yesterday either except play tennis, went for a walk, and went to Wal-Mart. Oh yeah!!!
I can't wait to see your pottery crocks though. I love crocks. I want another but really I'll just wait until I have my own kitchen to start getting stuff like that. Our kitchen is SO small. Your's is at least cute. I DID want to let you know that I saw some giant soup cups for planting at Walmart. It was cute actually.
Okay, white crow returns. I'll have to write more later.
me
Uggh. That was so not worth the wait!
ReplyDeleteEheheh. I keed! I keed!
Who did you play tennis with? Was it fun? Want to play with me sometime??
Okay, so listen. I just did something taht I really enjoyed. A lot. Remember my aforementioned pear? Well, I bit into it and I realized it had a very thickish skin. And I hate tough, thick skin on fruit (this is why I don't like a lot of kinds of apples). I mean, most people probably wouldn't even think of them as thick or tough, but I really really hate when you take a bite of fruit and then long after the juciy inside part is gone, you are still chewing the peel. Ick.
So, anyway. after a couple of bites of this pear, I got really turned off by the need to chew its peel.
But brilliant me found a plastic spoon in my desk drawer and this pear was juciy and ripe enough that I was able to use my spooon and scoop out the insides and eat it that way, bite by bite. It was so fun and I even like the way the hollowed out peel looks like an air-filled pear. It was such fun. I am going to always eat my pears this way.
Now write back. With or without the crow's blessing.
me
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not worth the wait.
ReplyDelete:)
Friend, please do not tell anyone else about how much joy you got from hollowing out your pear. Only I would be able to appreciate that and I do know that pear skin seems to be the thickest of all. It doesn't bother me but I know exactly what you mean.
And I got Annie to play with me yesterday. Then we swung ourselves on the swings. And yes, I do want to play tennis with you.
ANYWAY, is it going to rain today? It looks cloudy out.
Write me.
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing in my moment of elation. It really was fun to eat the pear that way. Scooping it out and then holding its shell up to my mouth, drinking in its watery sweet milkjuice.
Eheheheh. YOU love THAT.
Wow. Annie actually did something kind of fun and playful? Also, has her stomach gotten any bigger...?
I have no idea about the weather. Isn't that what people talk about when there's nothing juicier to discuss?
Write me in the next 38 minutes.
I wonder what time you sent this? I am getting it now and wondering if maybe it was sent right before you left?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I really care about the weather, you know that. I know, that's the boring part of me.
ANYWAY, no Annie's stomach isn't any bigger and actually, she's been going to the gym more. I almost wrote Jim. hahaha. I always almost do that.
Anyway, I think she's trying to get into shape for the summer and also look good since she just had a break up.
And please never say water sweet milkjuice ever again. It makes me sick.
Keeping it real,
moi