Hi Michelle and welcome to your Friday!
We have waited all week for this momentous moment and I am happy to be here, sharing it with you. Remember last Friday? Remember how we had a whole weekend ahead of us then, too? Well, let us pledge to remember this and all Fridays - past and present. They are God's gift, after all!
I hope the soccer game this weekend isn't too rainy! Please be sure to bring your umbrella.
I ended up not going to Jungle Jim's last night. I seriously was in such a stressed out bad mood that I just went home. Jim came over later and made me a cheeseburger and we took a walk and then I felt better. He is a good guy to have around when you are down and out. Let me know if you would like to borrow him some time. The hourly rate is really quite reasonable!
;-)
Is today your payday? It was mine, thank goodness. Do you think we should start buying PowerBall tickets again? I do...
Let me know your thoughts on this and everything else in life!
Love,
me
P.S. Do you want to go to the Zoo with me next Saturday 5/16?
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Buddy,
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I'm going to be in town next Saturday or not. I'll have to let you know.
Also, your night sounds great actually. I was just thinking yesterday about how nice it was and what a perfect night to either play tennis or take a walk. It was pretty and sunny and sometimes I do really enjoy walks with the sun going down yet it's still kind of warm.
And yes, we probably should start buying powerball tickets again. How nice it would be to win!
Anyway, I hope it's not too bad this weekend either. I'm hoping to have a better weekend than the last one I had.
Anyway, write me. Anything exciting or fun today besides getting paid? Did you have breakfast?
Me
PS. I only get paid on the 15th and 30th.
Michelley,
ReplyDeleteWell - just keep me posted about the Zoo. I have wanted to take you there for ages, friend, and I can get discounted tickets through our HR department. Are you thinking of going somewhere??
And yes, it was very good walking weather last night. We stayed out until it was almost completely dark and I got some cool pictures of the full moon. Then Jim took one where it looks like I'm picking it up out of the sky. I'll have to show it to you as that description made no sense.
And yes, friend. I did have breakfast today. Spring and I walked over to Graeters (as is our Friday tradition) and I ate both soem mocha chip ice cream AND a cinnamon pastry. If they had only had cinnamon ice cream, I could've gotten that instead. It was so good, though, adn I am happy I did it!
Did I tell you I recently discovered my gym has a branch up here by work? I went and worked out at lunch on Monday and I'm going to do it again today. It's really pretty convenient! I only do weights though (instead of cardio) because I don't want to come back to work all sweaty and I don't want to have to take a shower.
Did you bring lunch today? If so, what will it be? Also you did not tell me about your evening...?
Let's see how fast you can write me back. GO!
;-)
me
Okay, so sometimes I'm super busy and sometimes I'm not. This would be one of the times I'm not. What's annoying is that yesterday for about 45 minutes I had nothing much to do. I was doing SOMETHING but nothing too important. Anyway, the point is, I guess a couple of people had to leave early. "Michelle can you fax these?" Do you think you could do an RFQ for me? So... why was I here until 5:50? It annoys me because they waited until the last minute to give me this stuff and then I leave late. What a waste of time! We've had this discussion plenty of times but it still annoys me like we have to rush back from lunch for what?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your walk sounds nice and I really have no clue about what you mean about the moon and picking it up.
You did tell me about the Jim by the way. That's super nice. I really wish I belonged to a Jim. I mean a gym. I told you how I misspell that all of the time right?
And no I didn't bring my lunch yet again. I didn't want to have dirty dishes since I'm going up to Columbus today after work. Also, lately, I've been feeling like not spending time here in Cincinnati. I feel like I need to get out. Even if it's just for a day or two. I think I'm just going through something. It's seriously been SO long since I had a day to myself free of work or appointments or any kind of vacation really. I know I'm only going up to Columbus but it makes me feel like I'm at least doing something or going somewhere. I'm just a little burnt out on this place and need to get away. That's why I don't know what I'm doing next weekend. I'll let you know though.
Anyway, sorry about your unknown baseball. Next time friend!
And sorry, yesterday I didn't do much. I came home and then wanted to go for a walk but Annie wanted to check out the Gap so we went up to Rookwood and went into a couple of stores and then walked to that Yagoot place. My frozen yogurt was actually pretty tasty. I got strawberries and mango as my fruit.
Then we went home, had a glass of wine on the balcony and watched TV later and played a card game. It was just kind of chill I guess.
Anyway, write me when you can.
Mickey Shell Shell
Well, for my part, I am glad if you are not busy today because then you write me back ever so much more often and speedily!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's so interesting to me, this wanderlust urge of yours. I totally understand it and I'm glad you are getting out of here this weekend. Sometimes we just want to hit the open road and hear good music and feel the miles stretching out between us and home. 100 miles of them tonight after work. May the new horizons bring new dreams and inspiration, friend. May your thoughts be pleasant companions, and may you reach new conclusions along with your destinations.
Your evenign sounds nice, too. I wish I lived in a neighborhood like yours. It's so nice to be able to go right over to shop and eat yogurt and then relax on a balcony and watch teh world go by. Are you still without a roof? Do you like it like that at night? It would be nice to be able to see the stars through the branches.
You know, friend. If you ever wanted to, I would love to drive somewhere taht felt far from here and have a camp out. Would you ever like that...?
Let me know. I like your style.
me
Hello buddy. I don't know about camping out, but would go somewhere and sleep in a car rather than camping. I'm not really THAT kind of person. I've always wanted to be, but I have a bug problem I can't get over.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for understanding my need to get away. I just feel like I should.
And yes, the roof is still off. It's actually very nice to get sun sometimes and then see the nighttime trees and wildlife and the sky in the background with bright green leafy trees. It's very calm and quiet and peaceful and beautiful really. You are welcome to join me if ever you should find yourself in my hood.
You also reminded me that I need to stop by home and grab my CDs. I do not want to do without them since there's about 30 minutes where there's nothing on the radio out in the middle of who knows where. Pray that my car does not decide to blow up or breakdown close to that scary farm with the signs on it too.
Thanks. At least it's almost lunch time sort of. Do you have plans besides the gym? Perhaps a quick stop to Subway?
Me
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteYou are probably at lunch right now. I wonder what adventures you have found for yourself?
I am back. The gym felt really good. I love lifting weights (as weird as that may sound). It just makes me feel so strong and powerful. Now if I can just find where I put my cape and mask...
;-)
I'm glad I helped remind you to get your CD's. Have you bought any new ones recently? Tell me about the soundtrack for your trip.
And I'm a little sorry to hear that you are not up for sleeping on the ground. What if we rented a pickup truck and slept in the back of it?
let me know.
Also, I will definitely stop by for some balcony time. Please be a dear and invite me over for a night next week. I'll bring a bottle of wine and spend the night.
Wow... that sounded very romantic.
In any event, I hope you call me. I'm at my desk.
Wishing, hoping, and wishing and hoping,
me
Dang girl, you really know how to make someone feel like a lesbot. I think you had me at sleeping in the back of a pick-up truck. Though lesbot it is, I would SO much rather do that. That's kind of why I want a truck even. How fun would it be to lay in the back of it and watch the fireworks or something. Not you and me necessarily, I meant in general.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm glad you had a good time at lunch. I'm obviously back and yes, there are 28 RFQs that I'm working on. Great.
So anyway, I'm SO tired and I really feel like not doing anything at all. I wish I was leaving early.
Anyway, how is your afternoon? I could be sleeping right now honestly.
As far as the music selection, I don't know. I like a mix. I like singing to my Adele CD and I have Keisha Cole. Then I have my birthday CD for more fun times. Maybe a little Lionel. I'm feeling the more calm sensitive music right now though. Something I could sing along to or just think to.
Okay, well write me if you can. If not, maybe I'll be speaking to you via phone later or sometime this weekend.
Not Rich Mich