To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wetnessday

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad you got your assessment out of the way. That is great news and I really hope this is the start of the end for you and your alcoholic journey. Geez!

Now, listen. I am encountering some really bad news airfare-wise. Like it really is $900 to fly to Chicago this weekend?? I called the reservations line and they said yes, that is the fare and if I book it over the phone, they'll add $20 for their time and trouble??

I'm going to continue looking at fares, though. I'll keep you posted.

BTW, that movie last night was AWFUL! So depressing. If that is what high school is like in real life, I am homeschooling Howie and Rafaella. (yes those are my children's names).

Okay. Training or no training, you are obligated to comment back!

Love ya!

me

10 comments:

  1. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it kind of is. Who takes someone's stuff. It's just topping off the fact that apparently almost everyday someone is going on my computer to change things around trying to "find stuff". And find what? Geez. It's like, am I planning an office masacre? No. That's ridiculous. You'd think I'd given past bomb threats so they need to check in on me or something.

    Anyway, I'm also not happy that all of the flights are so expensive. I wish we didn't have to go through American. I know even Lunken gives away flights for like $50. I'll try to see what I can do during my lunch break too. (What is really the $900 for anyway?) It doesn't REALLY cost that much to fly someone on open seats on your plane.)

    Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the movie too. Good to know.

    Alright, today is starting to not turn out well.

    Write me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    Did you say anything to anyone about the tissue situation? I think they need to be aware because it doesn't matter if it's tissues or money or anything else, the cleaning people need to not be taking your stuff. Remembr that time at Thomson when the cleaning lady took my last kleenex adn left me a dollar? Talk about extremes.

    In any event, I am having no better luck online with the airfares. This is very depressing. There is basically nowhere we can go for under $500. I mean, seriously? How is that even possible?

    sigh.

    I guess you're not up for a roadtrip somewhere? I really really want to get away - even if it is only for the weekend ;-/

    Did Ralph say that you would have to be tested when you come back? Or will it just go back to the random situation?

    Also, I know it's a lot to write about, maybe, but did you talk to Annie anymore last night? How do things stand between you guys?

    I wish we could meet for lunch. And just be sympathetic towards each other over something we like to eat.

    I will join you in spirit, okay?

    Love and encouragement,

    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, no where we can go for under $400? What about a cheap flight to FL or something. We'll do some more research today. I'll be at my desk for most of lunch. It's American Airlines right? This sucks!!!

    ANYWAY, no I didn't talk to Annie. I hope things are okay so right now things are fine. I hope they continue this way.

    And honestly, I KNOW the cleaning lady didn't take my box of tissues. First of all, she would have left the flags I use at least. Secondly, I had more than half of my tissues left or at least half a box. And I truly think it was white crow who took it. The woman that sits across from me has a box of tissues on her desk, the Puffs Plus kind (with the lotion...) and I think stupid crow thought why don't we just share the box of tissues. However, before you take something off of one's desk, make sure you can. They provide tissues here which I didn't know about until just recently thinking, wow, I bought my own box. Okay... So it wasn't her's to just take, and also, what happens if I don't want to use lotion-y tissues? Mine were just regular. I'm pissed honestly. It's just one more thing that is annoying about the whole work situation. Not only can we not log into our own emails at work or anything, no paying bills during our lunch break, logging in just to check email or facebook, etc. None of that. And for what? How does that affect us doing our work? And then coming in to find my regular email switched around and things on my desk gone through, left in a mess, or just completely removed? Seriously, that bull. It makes me feel like I can't bring anything in of my own as it will be stolen or can be at any point. There's no dignity here. No pride or inviduality. And you don't just take stuff.

    I wrote an email to everyone in my department including stupid a$$hole crow. No one has said anything but they agree, that they believe the culprit or prick (sorry, I'm just mad) is that stupid hoebag who has paranoia and is bi-polar.

    I just wish I didn't even have to be here today as I'm just not in a bad mood. And the kid who is kind of my friend here, he really picked the wrong day.

    Every day he gets probably 10 phone calls that I have to walk over to him. And he acts like, why don't I just handle it if he tells me what they need to know. Umm... because it's not my f-ing job. So anyway, this morning I let him know a guy who called every day this week was on the line and he's telling me about how they are on credit hold, yadda yadda. Then he goes, why can't you just tell him? So I look at him seriously like wtf. I go, umm... because I'm not your secretary. I seriously kind of glared at him and then walked away and he's like, Michelle, I was just kidding. Well that's not really funny since you really do that every day. So you probably aren't joking. You just feel bad because I called you out on just another way I'm taken advantage of.

    Someone's going to get it today if people don't stop being so shady. You know sometimes you've had enough. Probably how you felt yesterday. ANYWAY, I want to call you at lunch and I SO think today would be the day we would be going to Raymond's Hong Kong Cafe.

    >HUFF<

    Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran over to Biggs at lunch and got the fixings (ha I'm so country) to make a salad. It turned out very delicious. It was organic spring mix with Ceasar Dressing, and then I got provolone and salami at the deli and cut it up and put it on top. You know, one of those meat and cheese salads. And best of all, I have enough to make another one tomorrow to take to my craft lunch.

    Did you ever tell me what you're going to eat? I know you are staying at your desk, but I dont' think you disclosed what you'll be eating. I got a free Kashi frozen meal coupon I am going to give you. Lunch is on me, babay!

    I don't think you've ever told me about this man friend of yours? I'm glad you are establishing relationships at work (even if you arent' going to work there for ages). And good for you, too, for telling him to do his own work. People crack me up. And by crack me up I mean they are causing small cracks to form in the places where my limbs join my body and, once those cracks are large enough, my arms and legs are goign to fall off, only to be replaced by slimy, killer tentacles which I will be incapable of preventing from strangling everyone who "cracked me up" to start with. Be warned.

    Let me know what if anything you can find on the american website. I looked up sale fares and regular and they are all insane. I even looked at flying out of Louisville or COlumbus.

    Uggh. I have a headache that will NOT go away. So annoying. Write or call me when you can.

    me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a packet of apple tea in the break room, so I am going to drink that. Then I am going to pray that the next 2.5 hours somehow, magically, fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your headache. I had one earlier. Sometimes, although it could be the weather, I beleive some of my headaches are caused by a stress too. Like this morning, after I realized the thiefery going on, I had a terrible headache.

    Hmm...

    Anyway, your salad sounds good. I don't get those very often. For my lunch I brought leftovers from Easter. It was homemade macaroni and cheese and some ham. It was good. I like eating leftovers from a holiday as it makes me think of home.

    Anyway, I hope your afternoon goes by very quickly. I hope mine does too. I can't wait until the end of the week even if American Airlines sucks. WTF. I mean they are going to have empty seats. Argghhhhh!!!

    Anyway, tell me something positive about today.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,

    Here are some moments and instances of positvity to share:

    1. Our office supplies came in and I now have a 8-color set of Sharpie markers. Yes, I am thrilled ;-)

    2. This apple tea is not bad at all.

    3. Even on a cold April day, Winter is over and Spring is here

    4. Cherry blossom branches!

    5. You will NOT have to pee in a cup this weekend!

    6. We have families that love us!

    7. We do not have to live in wheelchairs

    8. We are not Annie!

    9. American Idol Results are on Tonight and;

    10. Umm. Shoot. Okay, I've been trying to think of a number 10 for awhile now and can't do it. I plum ran out of positivity.

    Help a sister out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Buddy,

    I would REALLY like to try your apple tea. I think that's one I said I had never heard of but it seems like it would be REALLY good. Did you know I often crave apples when drinking tea? But they don't necessarily go together as my apple is usually very cold while I like my tea very hot. I'm not going to set my mouth up for failure. Infusing an apple flavor sounds like a perfect mixture though.

    And I have a 10.

    10. We got to speak this morning and during lunch briefly.

    It really does feel good to hear a familiar and friendly voice mid-day. You should see the disappointment I get sometimes when you can't answer your phone at lunchtime. I'm very thankful when we actually get the chance.

    Is it necessary to have 8 sharpies? What DO you do with all of those colors?

    I don't use markers much in this job except black ones and only every once in a while when I'm filing NUMMI kanbans. That's about it. For some reason I have 3 of these black markers though. Why?

    Anyway, write me if you get a chance. You get to leave soon you lucky girl you!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle,

    I like your #10 and I feel the exact same way about you and your calls and especially your emails (and now "Comments"). They really are such a high-light of my day. Like just now, I was thinking, "What should I do to wind down my boring day?" and I remembered I hadn't refreshed the blog in a while and DING! there you were with a nice note. Such a treat!

    We'll have to get you some apple tea to try. There are a lot of cinnamon/apple ones but this one was not spicy it was just apple flavored. It was good, though, and I think it might have helped my head a bit. I am going to make soup for my dinner tonight. And I'm going to lie down for awhile when I get home. I wish you could just put all the ingredients for soup out on the counter and it would make itself!

    Okay, I will stop writing just in case you want to respond to this before I leave in 18 minutes. Surely that is long enough for a literary genius such as yourself!

    XOXOXO,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wrote back. Not enough time and you know what? You probably hvae started shutting down even though it's 3:58. How could you???

    Love you!

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Followers