Hi Friend,
I thought I would make a religious title for today's post as we are on the very doorstep of the hol-holiest time of the year!
Are you glad that Lent is almost over and you will soon be able to shop again? Since my no-music-in-the-car thing had to go, I never really got on board with another Lenten sacrifice, but I do feel like I managed to pray more this time. And that felt good.
Thanks so much for praying for my mom, too. I appreicate it and I know you always have truly cared about her and us - and that is a great thing to know about one of my dearest friends. And, speaking of friends, I really am sorry if yours don't act 100% USDA Organic around me. But I always believe that chemistry between people is very real and exists in friendships just as in romantic relationships. And although you and I have good chemistry, and I feel it with Annie, too - and Jessie is nice and normal. With the rest of your friends, I feel that there just is a disconnect, or some kind of divide - and that is okay and perfectly normal. I will always continue to treasure our alone time and tolerate our together with them time as much as possible.
;-)
Anyway! You never got around to telling me what kind of sushi you ordered? Jim and I were going to go to the gym, but instead we ended up ordering pizza and eating sweet tart hearts. WTF? It was fun, though. And then we watched the American Idol results. Let me know if you haven't seen it and want to know who got *blind*sided and was eliminated from the show.
Ehehehehehehehehe.
Okay, dearest. Write me back, pleeeeeeeeeease.
- me
To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well hey there little buddy!
ReplyDeleteI did NOT get to watch American Idol. Who got the boot? I didn't want it to be Lil but who knows. I know they seemed to REALLY not like what she sang, however, by your clever abilities, I might guess that perhaps America came to their senses and stopped being polite and kept it real with our blind friend?
Anyway, yesterday, I ordered the bbq eel (I love it now too!) and the spicy yellowtail and scallions. It was very good. It just actually was NOT worth the wait. That is just too long. I kind of think the sushi chefs thought it was funny as they seemed to be in very good spirits laughing it up while other people looked like they were dying at their tables. People were seriously hunched over and I found myself hunched and dazed in a little while too.
Now your night with Jim sounds fun. Sometimes it's nice to just order in some pizza and chill out. I never order pizza anymore and I serioulsy LOVE ordering pizza and eating it at home. You can really pig out and be comfortable and it's just nice. I did get outside yesterday. I tried to do a walk/jog combo. Not sure it works for me as my lungs didn't feel that great. It wasn't as warm as I was hoping. I think I might try to get out again today though.
I did not remember to plug in my iPod though and do not like having nothing to listen to. I'll see if Annie can when she gets home. She might want to come but I'm hoping she wants to relax or take a longer nap.
If you are in the area though, I'll happily let you join me in the fight against obesity.
In other news, I need to go grab a cup of coffee. I'm seriously SO tired now. And I HAVE to go to bed early tonight that way when I'm at mass on Saturday night for 2.5 hours, I won't feel sleepy. Last year mass was seriously almost 3 hours. That's a long time. I guess the priest said it wouldn't be as long. We had a whole bunch of people getting baptized last year and this African family that moved here was one of them. Someone told their whole story about how they ended up here and how he was actually beaten and tortured for his religious beliefs. I think he might have even been burned a little in some places. Isn't that horrible? Anyway, so somehow his family escaped and he ended up somehow in Dayton, OH. They don't speak that much English but someone from the church was teaching them. ANYWAY... yes that was a long story, sorry. But it WAS interesting at the time.
Anyway, as the season of Lent comes to an end, I do feel that I've prayed more too. But I think lately I've been praying more and it feels good to know someone else has my back even though I wonder sometimes why I seem to be going through things I don't beleive I deserve. But it does happen a lot and at least I'm not being tortured and beaten up for stuff physically. Anyway, I do appreciate my life a lot more when doing a lot of reflecting on the world and how I fit in it. Also, friend, I was thinking yesterday while making packets in the copier room, we should sign up for something. I'm going to find out from Joey how kickball has been. I really do want to join a club. But I must tell you, I did invite my other friends. I'm not going to blindsight you. Anyway, I just think it would be fun but I don't think Anna said she can play with work and school. Kim might. Other than that, I don't know who else but I might invite people from work too depending on who I can gather. I'll let you know when the time comes. I'm excited about it though.
Well write me.
I am glad that, unlike the contestant who was kicked off AI last night, you are able to read between the lines.
ReplyDelete;-)
That is soooo sad about the African family at your church. Can you even imagine how awful that would be? It's hard to even believe those things still happen in this day and age, but they do. And to have scars and injuries because of your religion is horrible. The world is f'd up sometimes.
And boo? My heart sang a cherry blossom song of joy when I read that you now love the bbq eel! It truly is delightful - especially when done very well. One of the best sushi things I ever ate was a deluxe eel roll at a r'rant in Florida. It was exactly like an enhanced rainbow, but you know how that's based on a california roll? Well this delux eel roll had a bbq eel roll as the base. It was one of the most delicious items I've ever eaten. It was legendary, friend. I have never forgotten it. Although I do love eel in many forms, Choo Chee is chief among them. Let's go for some of that really soon, okay?
And I would love to join some kind of a team/sport activity. Corey was saying on Saturday night that she is on a kickball team. That would be fun - or if there is one for four square? Let me know what you find out or if you want me to look into things, too. I think exercise in groups is fun and I'm happy if your friends are there, too. It's just girls nights I think I will bow out of for all eternity.
LOVE YA!!!
And friend? God does have your back and so do those of us here on Earth who love you. It is weird when you go through hard times, you would think it would make you resentful or distant from the One who is allowing bad stuff to happen, but it really is such a great opportunity to be and feel closer. I'm proud of who you are as a person and I think that you have triumphed over much adversity. Brighter days are ahead.
Speaking of which, let's go to Sephora as soon as you can shop again!
Can't wait, sit straight!
me
Umm, btw. I found something I have to share.
ReplyDeleteInteresting that you FOUND something. I'm not sure what that means or entails but interesting.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, yes, I bet Corie and Joey are on the same kickball team then. I want to find out if they like it or not. If they do, I think that could be fun, but if not, I'll look into something else. And buddy? I'm sorry but I will not be joining you in 4 square again as you are a dirty rotten player. Sorry, but it's true. I can never trust you again during a game like that. Anything else fine. You brought this on yo-self!
And I'm sure the BBQ eel rainbow supreme roll was good. It seems like it would be. It's too bad we don't have that here. I mean really... why are some rolls made in other states and not here?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to going home too. I haven't seen my parents in a while it seems. Not since I came home for my car. That was maybe around mid January.
Also, I think this year I really would like to meet someone special too. Speaking of doing some thinking for my new year ahead. I hope I really do find someone who is awesome and that I really like and have a lot of fun with. We'll see. I'm also glad the weather is getting warmer. Hopefully by May the weather will be pretty nice and we can start doing a lot more activities.
Anyway, write me when you can. I really hope the morning goes a little faster than it is right now.
Michelle
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your forgiving nature. It is good to know that you have a one-strike policy on any of your friends being HUMAN.
Geez.
In any event, how are you doing? It's almost noon and I guess you will be going to lunch soon? I am walking during my lunch hour with one of the girls from work (Spring). So, I am not going to get out to eat which will a) save me money and b) probably mean I will be a hangry correspondent this afternoon.
But it also means I have to somehow subsist on the two hardboiled eggs I just ate. They are yummy with salt and pepper. I have a little dish on my desk that I put my soggy tea bags in but it also works perfectly for holding salt and pepper for me to dip my egg in. Doesn't that make me sound English??
In any event, I can't believe it's been that long since you saw your parents! I feel like you went home for things recently, but I guess you haven't really except for Dan's Dad's funeral? And you didn't see them then.
As for the rest of you note, you know it is spring time and in spring time, a young man's (and yours apparently) mind turns to thoughts of love. I wish we weren't so powerless over meeting someone. I mean - what exactly are you supposed to do that is not demeaning to your character and/or out of your personality??
I do think that we can always work on being more open and friendly and, yes, approachable. In other words, ugly yourself up a bit, friend. I know we forget about it, but seriously - it is apparently the biggest aphrodisiac in the world. Remember - that's the curse of the exotic beauty. We have to hide some of our best feathers so as not to frighten away the cock (that is said within the parameters of this being a bird analogy).
So! That said - it's springtime and that fact alone is enough to make you smile at a stranger.
And if there is any lesson I have learned through the trials of love, it is that we really have nothing to do with any of it, anyway. When the time is right, it will happen. Even if you try your best to push it away (not that you are - I'm just speaking from personal experience)
Okay - I'm off now to send you an inventory notice. Ehehehehe. Oh, how we make me giggle.
Love ya!
me
Friend, it really worries me that you won't have a good lunch. I seriously have come to realize that it's super important, especially if you don't have a substantial breakfast. I think it really helps our bodies feel more alive and well when we aren't starving (feeling like it anyway). And it helps our bodies give us energy to do more and be able to even work off that energy is healthy. Please if you can try to find some kind of snack. Maybe at that deli or cafe by you. Even a bagel would help.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm about to leave for lunch after I finish writing you. I think I'm going to go to Noodles maybe for real today and stop to look in the Best Buy.
And you're right. I have no control over my destiny but it doesn't hurt to try harder. I think as far as love goes, I am going to open myself up more. There really might have been some decent guys that I just kind of never really got into talking to simply because I didn't want it to come down to me making a decision on whether or not I like them enough to try something. I know, not very open. It's not Sean. I just have felt since him that I was kind of not even looking for a relationship necessarily. Maybe I needed a break? And then now I feel differently and think I'm open again. Is that weird? I know we didn't date very long but sometimes after time and time again of being disappointed that something didn't work out, and then again, you get up the nerve and strength to try something out and it still doesn't come back in your favo or to your satisfaction, I just kind of give up for a while but I eventually snap back. Umm... almost 1 year later. Whatever... :)
I'm ready though. This might sound snotty, but I really think I could make someone really happy. I'm serious. Because I feel like if we are able to have close relationships with our friends, true, you can do anything, say anything in front of them, then I think I can have the same thing but even more with someone special. So... that said, I think I have a lot to offer.
I hope you enjoy your Spring walk. :) It looks prety out actually.
See you!
Michelle
Michelley,
ReplyDeleteI think all the time about what a good girlfriend you would make somebody. Just because you are so much fun and yet you are a good, dependable person and you are really really pretty. I can't remember what happened the other day, but we were in the car with Annie and you did something and I thought to myself, some day some guy is going to think that Michelle is just the most pricelessly cute thing ever. And it's true!
And yes, we can be happy with whatever stage of life we are in, but there is something so awesome about being with a good guy you like and find attractive. I say bring it on!
And not just with guys, but I think it always feels good to open ourselves up to life. And you do need that time after something doesn't work out to regroup and re-establish yourself in your own mind. But I'm glad to hear you're open for business.
HAHAHAHAHA.
And not that I'm some wise woman who knows things, but I do know that if I can be with someone who I love and have as much fun with as I do Jim and who feels just as much of that towards me, then ANYONE can.
Seriously.
I can't wait to see what this summer brings!
me
Hey Girl!
ReplyDeleteSo I'm back. Why did they not have the curry soup broth to make the soup today??? I ended up getting the pad thai. It's seriously JUST all right. It's really not that great.
Anyway, thanks for understanding everything about love and spring. :)
How did your lunch end up going besides your eggs? (Why does that sound nasty now?) Anyway, my eggs are still fresh in my refrigerator. I think I still have some time for them. Speaking of eggs, again, why don't we lay them and sit on them until they hatch? Hello God, it's me, Michelle!!!
Anyway, I hope your afternoon brings you a nice surprise and the weather is pretty nice. Yes!!!
Have you found out anything about your Mom's appt. or is that tomorrow or next week?
Michelle
Michelle,
ReplyDeleteIt was nice taking that walk. It's a pretty straight shot, but it's not as industrial as the old street we worked on, so I actually got to enjoy a little bit of nature. It's a two mile long path, too, so at least that kind of feels like a real walk.
I am very disappointed that you were very disappointed not to see your favorite reindeer jumper! I mean curry noodle soup. Why didn't they have it?? And I agree about their pad thai. It really is only delicious if it is done correctly. Otherwise it's more like Chinese food which we both know is not up to our standards.
And my dad is trying to get my mom's test results, but the appointment was at noon and the dr's office closes at 4:30. They are closed tomorrow, so that would mean Monday. I am just trying to trust God, but it's not the easiest thing to do!
I am going to be thinking about your egg idea. You've got some deept thoughts up in there. And you know where I mean by "there".
Kisses,
me
Hey Sickie!
ReplyDeleteListen, give me a call tonight or I'll call you. We need to discuss Easter and our trip.
I know you are about to leave so enjoy the rest of your afternoon and I'll talk to you later. I appreciate your thoughts on all matters, including my not up to par chinese.