To: Friend.Williams@company.com From: Friend.Baker@othercompany.com Re: That thing you do

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anoop No More

Hi Michelle,

And welcome to your Thursday. Thursday is a very special day in the week-long spectrum of days. For reasons big and small. But the Father loves them all!

As does the daughter (me).

I like Thursdays because they are the last real work day of the week so they are kind of the start of the weekend but still allowing you to have the entire weekend to look forward to. I also like buttons. And animals, in this order...

How was your evening? What did you do with it?

I watched too much t.v. and then went to bed. Sometimes I really do feel like I waste a lot of time in front of the television and then I start to wonder if maybe I am depressed or something. Especially with how beautiful it got last night. I mean outside. The wind was so fresh and it stayed light out so long. But what can you do outside except take a walk? I wish I had a friend close by. A friend like you. Want to move in with me?

I hold out no hope on that.

In any event, write me when you can. Maybe we (read: you) can make extra efforts today to keep each other company.

LOVE YOU BACK!

me ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy,

    Happy Thirsday. (I'll leave it like that). Anyway, I wanted to let you know that you are special. And I was telling Annie how pretty out it was yesterday too. It was clear and SO sunny and bright out. It really looked golden actually. It was like we had a 3 hour sunset.

    And is that concert on Saturday then or tomorrow? I'm confused. For some reason I thought it was on Friday. And I kind of don't think I want to go anywhere North when it's so nice here this weekend. I've got to be honest with you. I know you really want to go. Perhaps Jim could go? Or your sister? I know you really want to go. But it's seriously kind of pretty North and are you going to spend the night up there then? Think about it. If you can find someone that could spend the night with you that would be perfect. I do not think I am that person friend. SORRY!!!!! I'm not trying to crush your hopes and dreams. If it were U2 I might rethink my opinion but you know I'm not into AirSupply that much to make that kind of sacrifice although I do feel that they are a great band and good singers.

    Please write me back with your opinions even if they include thoughts of scorching my eyes out.

    It is now 9:46 A.M. and I will now proceed with my third bathroom break.

    M. Williteverend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess I'll try to find someone else to go with me.

    Hope the bathroom visit worked out for you.

    - me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that really all you are going to give me? Friend???

    Well anyway, it's going to be really nice out this weekend and I'm really looking forward to spending almost all of my time doing something outside. Perhaps I'll get my neighbors to teach me how to mow the lawn even. Apparently that is our job according to Greg, our landlord. He asked the guys if they would do it too. I think that's a little whack. Plus I think I could use the exercise. It's supposed to be good for you.

    Do you have plans for lunch yet? I brought leftover 3-way that I made on Tuesday. I hope it tastes okay.

    Let me know what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun weekend. I hope you will enjoy yourself. And three-ways are always yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to answer any of my questions about your lunch or why suddenly you are writing maybe 2 sentences? Are you mad at me for not going to the Air Supply Concert?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not mad, Michelle. It's certainly not something everyone would enjoy.

    For lunch a few of us are running out to get Jimmy John's and eating it outside on the picnic tables by our building.

    Did you see that video on Youtube of the woman who sings on Britain's Got Talent?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you referring to the scottish woman who's been all over the news and they keep talking about how she's never been kissed?

    And I'm jealous of your picnic. We can't even do that over here and we certainly do not have any picnic tables. I wish we had SOME kind of outside eating area. If you saw where I am, it would look completely ridiculous and also, I don't even go to lunch with anyone still. Actually Friday I'm going to lunch with Akina and we might invite Christine to come out with us but that's about it and it's seriously been a while since we've done that.

    I hope you enjoy your sandwich eating. We also don't even have a Jimmy Johns that close to here. Is the closest one the one off of Mt. Zion?

    I also wanted to let you know that when I bought tea the other day I searched for apple tea and didn't find any. Do you know what brand it is by?

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Michelle,

    Hope you find somewhere to enjoy your lunch and the weather at the same time. I am actually back at my desk because although we ate our lunches outside, everyone else got the chillies and wanted to come back in. Whatever.

    My Jimmy John's was tasty as always. And that is not a Jimmy John's on Mt. Zion - that is a Jersey Mike's, just in case you ever thought that you might go there I dont' want you to be disappointed.

    And yes, I was referring to that Scottish lady. Did you ever watch the actual video? Maybe it's cheesy but I think it is one of the sweetest most beautiful things I ever saw. I've watched it a few times now. I know. There is something wrong with me.

    As for the apple tea, I'm not sure what the brand was. I'll look online to see if I can find the product. I'll keep you posted.

    Hope your lunch goes welll,

    me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, So I'm back from lunch. My faux skyline was just okay. I kind of felt sick while eating it thinking, this really isn't THAT great. It was okay. Sometimes I don't know that it's that great when it's not fresh or on a hot dog.

    ANYWAY, if you want any rings, they are still on sale at Kohls. They are fashion rings though. I did get one that's okay for everyday wear but some of the others are a little funky and I'm not sure they look right being everyday wear.

    Anyway, your Jimmy John's sounds good. I'm sorry but it's not THAT cold outside. Plus, how often do you get to sit outside? Remember sitting outside at Thomson? And you couldn't wear black really because the stone would look like chalk on your bottom. ANYWAY, and sometimes they had bees remember? But it was nice anyway.

    I will have to watch that video again. Exactly which one is it? Is it the one where she's actually performing on that show or is it a news story on her?

    And please do let me know about that apple tea. It sounds like it would be really good. Speaking of tea, it's tea time. Feel free to take one too at this special moment.

    Also, I found out Monday is the court date. Yeah, short notice. It's Monday at 9:00AM. I'm nervous but really hope this is the end.

    Anyway, we have a lot to pray about friend!!!

    Write me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle,

    My afternoon kind of fell off the productivity track. And now I am seriously thinking about walking over to the garden store next door for awhile.

    I'm meeting Julie Moffitt after work for Chipotle and then OTP. Did I tell you she's having a baby? She is. It will be good to see her (them?) I haven't seen her (them) for a good long while. I think it's been since before Christmas, even! Anyway, while I'm at OTP, I'll check to see if they have any pretty cheap (meaning pretty AND cheap) pillow shams for you.

    Sorry your skyline grossed you out a little. I hate when that happens. You have nothing else to eat and you need to eat wahtever it is, but at the same time it's starting to make you feel a little ill. That's what happened to me and my ceasar salad teh other day at lunchtime. yuck.

    I'm glad you'll be able to get your court date out of the way and I know how much you are hoping this will be the end of things. I'll pray all weekend about it - especially at church.

    Are you still interested in the Market and getting flowers on Sunday? I know you said you are going to be mowing the lawn and stuff, but I would love to spend that time together. We don't ahve to take all day. I am free, though, til I have Sarah Hope's 2nd birthday party that night.

    Oh, and thanks for reminding me of my chalky bottom.

    Sincerely,

    Black Buns

    ReplyDelete

Followers